Thursday, January 5, 2012

25 little things for BIG weight loss

On Tuesday at my weight watchers meeting we discussed part of an article I found on the Weight Watchers website. Here is a Link (full article)to the full article. I am going to break them down into 5's over the next few days and give my thoughts... feel free to share your thoughts.  Here are the first 5:

1. Good things come in small packages:
The article suggest cutting up things like chocolate or cheese into smaller pieces so it feels as you are getting more than you actually are. Although I agree with this. I also think this also relates to weight loss itself. I know .5 pounds lost may not feel like a lot for 1 week but many of them over time .5 can really add up.

2. Get "water-wise"
Here they discuss the benefits of drinking water over caloric drinks. Also giving the idea of adding lemon or lime for some zest to the water. I also think it helps to use a water bottle you can refill and carry with you. If you have water bottle you enjoy drinking out of makes it all the more enticing. My favorites are made my the camelbak company. Here is a Link to their site... they sell these at Target also.

3. Herb it up
Adding spices to your food adds flavor not calories. I got a really nice spice rack from my grandmother for Christmas. I am very excited to see what kind of spices I can use to make my food even tastier without calories.

4. Slim down your soup
My favorite soup recipe is the weight watchers vegetable soup recipe (Click here for recipe). 0 Points Plus and really tasty. The best part of this recipe is you can add and remove vegetables as you have taste for them.

5. Doggie Bag that dinner
When a large meal arrives at your dinner table just remember you don't have to finish it. You could even ask the server to bring a box right away so you are not tempted to eat all of it. Also don't be afraid to ask the server questions about substitutions before ordering. My favorite? May I have double vegetables instead of the rice/potato? Saves points and is so satisfying.

The next 5 tips wil be posted tomorrow so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment