Monday, October 1, 2012

Final Prep Week

There are so many days when I have to do a double check to make sure none of this is a dream. It is really hard to believe that I am accomplishing such amazing goals. I read this today...


It really is true. You never think you are going to get there then you get so close. I have a fully prepped busy week ahead....

It actually all started yesterday with making a huge pot of Quinoa for my final week of carbohydrate in take. As well as meeting with my OE team for our final run together before the marathon Sunday. I also made sure the shorts, shirt, socks and shoes I want to wear are clean and ready to go. We are able to bring a bag of stuff for after the race. I have already started packing this bag also.

Most of the week will remain my busy routine with a lot less running. The tapper is very strange for a runner. You just don't feel like you are running enough because you have been running so much training for the marathon. One thing I do love about signing up for a race is staying committed to training. If you are not going to become a runner then start setting goals for yourself to accomplish. If you are starting to get into running find a race, sign up and start training. The goal at the end always keeps me focused. Although there will be some fun this week.

Tuesday... crazy early morning run with one of my favorite running friends Nikki.
Friday... Pasta dinner... who doesn't love a good pasta dinner with some of their favorite people.
Saturday... going to the race expo with my friend Nikki. Hoping to take it all in. I have been to a lot of race expos but not one on this level. I have heard is pretty awesome. I will try to remember to snaps some photos while Nikki and I are there. We are hoping to get there early and get back before the Notre Dame football traffic starts.
Sunday... crazy early rising to head to the city for the big day. I am excited and nervous. I think the weather is going to be amazing. You can track my progress if you go the official website the day of the race and enter my bib # of 15827. If I get more information about tracking runners I will post it later in the week.

Am I the only person who does crazy preparations like this?

1 comment:

  1. I spent a lot of time today putting together a spectator plan for my husband and parents. It includes a print-out of the course, with colorful dots representing the L stations, and a chart of my possible pace times, what time I should be at each mile marker by pace, and a list of the nearest L station to almost every mile marker, and then a plan for taking the L around the city for the maximum number of opportunities for them to see me. I plan on posting all of this on Wednesday, along with some other spectator tips.

    ReplyDelete