Monday, October 29, 2012

Choices

I haven't really had much to say lately... I have been slightly injured post Chicago Marathon.


I don't really know how to explain what it is like for someone like me to not be able to run. There are dozens of blogs about running and injuries.

There are a few things I know that running does to for me...
Quiet moments with myself.
Being able to find moments of pride that I don't have to share with anyone but myself.
 The feeling I get just after finishing a good run and feeling so good.
Getting good ideas just because my endorphin's are going.
Being able to set goals higher than I ever imagined achievable.
Allows me to stress less about my weight and more about continuing to achieve something.

I took some time off last week and Sunday was my first run beyond 4 miles and it was 6. So far I do not have a ton of pain but I still feel my body not liking it. So Wednesday I do go to the doctor.

This coming Sunday I am doing my first race post Chicago. I am running in one of my favorite events... the Fall Frolic 4 miler at Purdue Calumet in Hammond, Indiana. The event is special because it was the first ever 4 mile race I ever participated in and so I am very excited to return to the event this year.

Today I saw this... I refuse to give in or give up. I will give it everything I have to continue to stride on. I hope you do to.


1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I hope the doc says it is okay for you to run! From another runner who has suffered many injuries, I totally get how it makes you feel. Useless. Restless. Stressed :( And nothing can replace it. Have a great 4 miler and get better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete