Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Try Something New Tuesday...Yoga

Yes I did... I tried something new today.

So this lady here is my Mom...yes I still listen to her as if I am a teenage girl and she will yell at me if I don't. I also know she is not a fan of boring exercise  She is thinks running is crazy... but is absolutely so supportive of my running adventures. So she said especially knowing I am injured and bummed... YOGA Deanna... YOGA...







So I give you try something new Tuesday... Yoga.





One thing that running has given me is drive. I refuse to think I couldn't have done something today. So at the recommendation of a friend I headed to Yoga by Gretchen in Hobart. I was very nervous because I hate the thought of just being quiet with myself in a room full of strangers. Being quiet and having time to think during a run is great but I wasn't sure how I would feel about yoga. So when I arrived the girl said this particular class is "You call it yoga"... which today was "hard."  I had already drove there so I figured what the heck. Well she was right... I couldn't even do everything they were doing but I must admit... I liked it. It felt good to step out of my comfort zone and do something different. I also liked this class because it was a combination of weights and yoga. They also played some up beat music and really made it fun. I like that they also offer so many different classes that you don't just have to do Yoga there. I'm not sure how I will feel tomorrow but I'm hoping glad I went to the class.

When was the last time you forced yourself to try something you thought you would totally hate but then actually liked?

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you liked it! I have wanted to try a yoga with weights class! Gosh, I have not gotten out of my comfort zone in awhile to try something new. I need to! :)

    ReplyDelete