Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pain... No gain

They say no pain no gain...

Well when there is pain.. There comes a time when you have to recognize it...

Today, I Deanna Grimes admit... I am injured. I must not run and must rest.


I am not happy about this but it must be done. My knee could not handle anymore today and the back side of my ankle aka... my Achilles tendon are just plain killing me.  I don't think there is anything worse for a runner than shutting it down. I know this is the only thing that help. There are so many things we can control but injuries just happen. So when times get tough the tough have to get going and I have to make action plans.

I tell those struggling all the time that you have to continue to fight and you must never give up. Besides...



I'm not dead.
I'm not hospitalized... yet
I am strong and willing to fight.


So I am making a plan B and trying to figure out every workout possible that does not involve my lower body.



When was the last time you were forced into plan B?

3 comments:

  1. Plan B goes into effect once a day in my life. Be it for work, family plans/schedules, or staying healthy. I wouldn't know what to do if a day went by just as I had planned for it to do.

    Since you are out of commission from running I think it is time you find a pool and start swimming. Best exercise for you and the body doesn't take a beating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff I totally understand. I wish I could find a pool to swim in that didn't cost my arm and leg.

      Delete
  2. Check the high schools out by you. I know by me Chesterton High School has public pool hours for like $3 and the Portage YMCA has public pool hours at Portage High School for about the same cost. You live close enough to Crown Point and Lake Central High Schools it's probably worth checking out if they offer similar opportunities.

    ReplyDelete