Wednesday, August 21, 2013

31 Days Out

Today I am 31 days out from my marathon and its the first time I am starting to feel the nerves kick in. I feel like when I am training I am always learning something new. I have been doing speed work for the first time ever this year. It is hard but I think sometimes we just have to find new ways to challenge ourselves. I do believe it has made me faster.

I recently took a new part time job at my favorite running store The Extra Mile. I really love being able to share my love of running with everyone who walks in the door. Most are coming in to find the right shoe for running. However the other day I was working at my new job at the Extra Mile a newer runner came in and was asking for some suggestions since he is training for his first half marathon. I explained I had plenty of experience with long runs and was happy to answer any question he had. One of his biggest questions he had was about running with water. Although I think this is something that all runners have to find their way of doing I do have to admit I love these two items by Nathan and Amphipod. Obviously I carry the Amphipod one. I love that they have a pouch for Gu or whatever you may use for fuel. They are light weight and fit around your hand. I hardly notice it anymore. What do you prefer to use on your long runs?




I truly can't believe the summer is coming to a close... 

1 comment:

  1. I use am Amphipod handheld! Although I can't keep my thumb over the strap, it feels awkward. I end up pushing it over my entire hand and have it hanging below my knuckles.

    31 days! Yikes!! keep calm and follow yourself!

    ReplyDelete