Monday, August 5, 2013

What I learned...

This weekend I had to go I Ohio for a day to celebrate the bachelorette party of my oldest and bestest friend. I love this girl so much! It makes me happy to see her so happy!! 


However the run must always go on...Yesterday was long run Sunday for me. I ran 19 miles along the Little Miami Parks    bike trail with my friend Matt. We ran from downtown Loveland to Milford and back. I always say each training run can teach you something. It's the beat time to practice your race day routines so you know how it will effect you race day. Yesterday I learned quite a few things in my long run. 
-Running in Cincinnati is much different than running in Northern Indiana.
-The bike trail there felt up hill both ways. No wonder my Ohio friends are such strong runners. That bike trail is nothing like the one here.
-They have so much more shade on their trail. I think every runner I know here would trade their slightly more hilly tail to have all that shade they have in Ohio. It was awesome.
-They don't have water. This made me feel so fortunate for all the water fountains and or places you pass on the trail here that have water. Also we have an amazing charity which allows us to have water every couple of miles. Although a very nice deli owner in Miamiville did allow us to have some free water. I thought that was awesome!! 
-I also missed Aunt Connie. I told my friend Matt about how awesome her cold wash cloths feel when you only have about a mile to go on a really long run on a hot day. 
-Long runs are all about company. Matt and I talked about how new runners take time to learn how to talk and run. For long-distance runner a great conversation makes that run go by so fast. Until the end of the run we chatted away. Then I remembered the best part about running with a partner... Sometimes there is silence and just having the person there for support is so awesome. 
-I am so much stronger than I really think I am. I don't know what it is I guess it's just something inside of me but I know mentally I can push myself so much more than I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment