Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happiness and Clothes

Day 11 of my photo challenge... Today's topic: Something that makes you happy
This is the logo to my gym. Does my gym exactly make me happy well NO... However what does make me happy is that there was a time in my life when after having a rough of a week as I have had I never would have stepped foot in this gym yesterday. I can honestly say I very proud of the commitment I have made of obtaining a healthy lifestyle that includes regular exercise. I also really believe that consistent exercise really does relieve so much of this stress. I often tell people that I pound every problem into the pavement... Yesterday I pounded 4 miles on the treadmill at my gym.

Day 12: The inside of your closet
Well here it is. My closet. When I saw this as today's topic I thought how do I relate this one to my blog about staying and being healthy. Then I realized that was easy. Before I lost weight I loved finding clothes I felt good in. Then I lost nearly 50 pounds and I love the clothes even more. I do not have a single item of clothing in here that doesn't fit. I love my clothes now more than ever. I feel comfortable and I never have to worry about fighting with any of them wondering if I am going to be able to button, zip or fit into them. I always tell the story of the day my grandfather told me I should just buy new pants instead of continuing to poke new holes into my belt. I really focused these last couple of years of parting with anything that was not my true size. Now I feel almost giddy when my mom buys me a size small, it fits and I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment