Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quinoa and Money

I can't believe February is almost over. The topic for the photo challenge on day 27 was something you ate. For day 28 it was money. So here is something I ate plus a way I save money. Let's face it eating healthy is not always cheap. I do love Quinoa though. I bought this huge bag of it at Costco. It is great and can be used in many ways. This can also be made much like a bowl of oatmeal if you are looking for something different for breakfast. It is also really great to combine with black beans, corn and some salsa as a Mexican inspired side.
 Today  I added this can of green beans to a bowl of my quinoa. I also added some cinnamon and about a tablespoon of pumpkin. It made a really yummy and filling snack to have between my two jobs. The green beans I bought at Aldi for only about $.59. There are many ways to save money when trying to eat healthy and one of my favorites is being smart about vegetables. Canned green beans are great to pair with a meal and can normally be found fairly cheap.

Have you ever tried Quinoa and what is your favorite way to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. You put cinnamon and pumpkin in with your green beans? I'm not sure I could do that lol.

    I made quinoa the other day for the first time. The texture is weird, and it was different, but I liked it. I added a tiny bit of garlic flavored oil and some Italian seasonings. It was pretty good.

    How much is at Costco? At the Wiseway by our house a small bag was almost $6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that sounds good Amber. Yes I am weird I put all kind f weird stuff in my food. The huge bag at Costco was a much better deal. I think it was around $10-$12. I can't remember it has lasted so long.

    ReplyDelete