Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February Challenge and Yummy Food

February is here already I can't believe it. On the new big "thing" on the Internet Pinterest gave me an idea to do a 29 day photo challenge for February. The idea comes from a really cool blogger (The House of Smiths) This blog is really fun and she has some really great DIY ideas for your home. Shelley's ideas is that each day you take a different photograph. Although I am not a professional photographer I thought it would be a good way for me to get ideas for the blog. I am really going to try to focus the pictures however on something that relates to the "healthy" side of my blog.

Day 1 of the photo challenge was to take a picture of your "view" today. Today's view is my kitchen. Even though this is going to go into a frame, your kitchen can say a lot about you. I think you could really learn from mine that I am not a clean "freak" I do try to keep things organized and clean as I can in my kitchen though. It also shows I recycle and that having healthy food around is a must. Also that I LOVE COFFEE which you would find on closer inspection.

Also today is yummy dinner Wednesday. This week's recipe is once again brought to you by Emily Bites. If you click the link you will get the original recipe for... Lasagna Cupcakes!!
Here are the ingredients and my changes:

Lasagna "Cupcakes"

Ingredients:

½ lb 95% lean ground beef (I bought 96% from Meijer)
1 ½ t Italian seasoning
5 oz mushrooms, chopped (I only used about 2.5oz)
16 wonton wrappers (check the produce department!)
4 oz fat free Ricotta cheese (I found this at paylow on sale!)
1 ½ oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (I forgot about this so I used the dry stuff after cooking)
1 c pasta sauce (I used the sauce from back home LaRosa's) Use your favorite
4 oz reduced fat 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese (I bought fat free because it was on sale)

Click the above link or here for the directions and recipe. If you love lasagna but hate how much time it takes to make this recipe rocks! Also it only makes 8 servings!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment