Thursday, August 9, 2012

No Excuses

There are more excuses than one can name for not committing. Yesterday was one of those days for me. I saw the rain and I was going to abandon my running. I went to where my group meets to run on Wednesday nights anyway. My plan was to go home if no one showed up.... I really just had no real push to want to run in the rain. My training schedule for the Chicago Marathon had 8 miles down for me. I was not even close to being ready for 8 miles in the rain. So around 5:55 a runner name Bob showed up. Bob is a great runner. Huge Cubs fan... even plays piano in Wrigleyville. So off we went for 4 miles of a slightly rainy and humid run. I am a true believer in how good you feel after just doing it and being glad you didn't pass up on a workout. Honestly this run felt really good.
4 miles
37 minutes
Good Pace
Rain was actually feeling pretty good.



There are many excuses that we make but what will do today instead of making an excuse?

1 comment:

  1. Just like you I ran through a rainstorm. It was yesterday and it the first real rain that I have run in in quite a long time. Not only was it refreshing, but it was great to be splashing through the streets while most other people outside hid under canopies and bridges!

    ReplyDelete