Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I Love the Olympics!

The Olympics have been very exciting this year. Between Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt there has been some extremely exciting competition. I have been watching a ton of sports I have never really watched before. I am amazed at how athletic some of them truly must be. The water polo has been really exciting to watch.


One of my favorites is still the beach volleyball. I truly think Misty and Kerrie are truly amazing athletes. Plus going for the 3pete is really awesome.  I really love watching some of the track and field. The 10K finished in amazing fashion. I also was really pulling for the American women at the marathon because I know just how grueling a marathon can be for a normal person. I cannot wait to see what the men are able to do.


One of the things I have been thinking when it comes to the Olympics is how dedicated these people are. They train for many years and it can all come down to something as small as a tenth of a tenth of a second. In the case of Usain he trained for the last  4 years trying to repeat and it only took 9.63 seconds to set the Olympic record and for the event to be over. It takes a lot to be this dedicated. It has really made me start thinking about my own training routine. How I treat my body by what I am putting into it. As well as my running routine. Both of which are extremely important for me to be able to finish the Chicago Marathon later this year. Although I do not plan on winning an Olympic gold medal or even having an amazing finish I think the Olympics have made me realize how some small changes could impact even myself.



What is your favorite Summer Olympic sports?

1 comment:

  1. It's a toss-up between swimming and women's gymnastics. Although I did get really pumped at the end of the women's soccer match over the Canadians (and I don't even like soccer). My big surprise was the archery. That was awesome when the Americans won the gold in an upset.

    ReplyDelete