Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Try Something New Tuesday

I am going to try to give you this as much as I can:

New Food:
Bulgur Wheat
What is it? According to the Wikipedia definition it is a cereal food made from several different wheat spices most often durum wheat. 
So what do I think it is? I really thought it was Qunioa. It has a very similar texture and taste.
My Nanny made this concoction at my nieces birthday party and it was delicious. When I asked her exactly how she made it she gave me the typical grandmother answer that she just threw it together because she couldn't find the original recipe. I can basically say I think she used these ingredients

Bulgur Wheat
Black Beans
Corn
Onion
Olive Oil
Garlic
Green Pepper=

Yummy Goodness. Try it. Love it.






I also have been taking some new running routes as I take off from my home. One of things I really love about running is you really never have to take the same route. Today was a beautiful afternoon to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. I am love the weather these days.
5.10 Miles
49 Minutes

Another great part about today.... New Hair...I just love how good a haircut feels.


















What do you think about Bulgur wheat?



No comments:

Post a Comment