Friday, August 31, 2012

Favorites Friday: Running Stores are awesome


Here are a few things I things I love today:

New Running Shoes:
1. I got these Mizunos at the grand opening of the areas newest running store Extra Mile Fitness
Shared Photo

2. Which brings me to another thing I love: Free Fun Runs and Running stores. Yesterday Extra Mile had their official grand opening and fun run. They had a 3 mile run around Valparaiso. It was a warm evening but their event was awesome. They had a huge turn out. The course was really nice. We started out near the Valparaiso campus and went on to the campus and down the streets around campus. It was not the easiest 3 miles I have ever run but who doesn't like a challenge every once in awhile...

2B. So part "B" of number 2 is why I love a good running store. They are the most helpful people. They make sure you do not leave their store until you get the right pair of shoes. They work with everyone from I think I want to try running and need good shoes to the high school cross country stars. They also have everything. Socks and proper running gear are really important. Even if you aren't going to spend your life savings at the store at least go there and get some good advice. 





3. Twitter.... its fun and I can say all the random crap I am thinking. I can also read random crap by others. I pretty much tweet random sports, healthy living, running and life thoughts. Follow me if you want to get my daily thoughts on stuff. I also tweet more stuff about what I am eating because it takes much less time to post than on this blog. So hey follow me





What kind of running shoes do you love? Twitter or now?

2 comments:

  1. I really want to start running. You'd be surprised at the onslaught of excuses I can come up with though. Kick me at the next weigh in lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just get into a program/training plan and start going.

    ReplyDelete