Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why did you start?



I have a wide variety of an audience... some are runners, weight watcher members, my amazing family and friends who would read no matter what and random Google folks. The one thing I can say about my opening is that no matter why you started whatever you are doing don't even give up on yourself. Remember back to the first day... maybe it was your first run or weigh in. No matter what it was remember back to how you felt that day. If you are a runner you will never forget that first time you decided to try "running." It is possible you wanted to turn around right then and there. This past weekend my sister whom I love was joking when I said well I ran today... She said really you run? I had no idea. I often forget when I say..."well I am only going to run 5 miles today" that this seems like the marathon I am training for to others. The key is that no matter what reason you decided to get started on your goal never let that memory or moment when you decided I am going to do this. Keep that thought fresh in your mind for as long as you can. It will never be perfect but just keep going don't let anything... including the weather stop you.



Deanna's Active Link Challenge... get to 100% Everyday Challenge
August 27th
40 minute walk
Active link only 97%... ugh forgot to wear it for a couple hours.
August 28th
5 mile Run with a great running friend
Active Link 126%
Don't quit... remember why you started and hold on tight to that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment