Monday, August 20, 2012

Thank God For Hometowns

I'm a country music kind of girl at heart. Although I like plenty of other types of music I do love my country. These lyrics from a Carrie Underwood song pretty much sum up my last few days:

Thank God for hometowns/And all the love that makes you go round/Thank God for the country lines that welcome you back in/When you were dying to get out/Thank God for Church pews/And all the faces that won’t forget you/Cause when you’re lost in this crazy world/You got somewhere to go and get found/Thank God for hometowns

Source: goo.gl via Colby on Pinterest


I started out Friday with not only some of my favorite people but also one of my favorite things to do. I went to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game with my Mom, Step-dad  Tony and Uncle Shawn. We had so much fun and the Reds won!


Then Saturday was a really fun day. We had a bridal shower for my sister who is getting married 2 months from today. I can hardly believe it and I am so happy for her. Her daughter was also celebrating her 2nd birthday. She is the most amazing little person. I talked tonight in my weight watchers meeting about how much we can evolve as people and not even realize it. Just thinking how much she has changed in 2 short years is amazing.

Sunday finished with another long training run for the Chicago Marathon. 18 amazingly beautiful miles around the town of Maineville with Hillary. I feel so blessed that someone from my hometown is also training for Chicago and that we were able to run together. The hills around town here a killer but I really felt amazing after this run. The best way to celebrate? Hometown pizza! I love LaRosas and now they even carry this thin crust whole wheat veggie pizza that was SO YUMMY!!


It was an amazing weekend that left me so blessed to have been able to spend such an awesome weekend with my family taking in some of my favorite parts of Cincinnati. 

What makes your "hometown" so special?

No comments:

Post a Comment