Monday, September 3, 2012

Proceed to Party



This weekend was no exception...

I started out Saturday with a few hours of actual work between my full time job and Weight Watchers.  Since I had made a plan to run after I got out I stopped at Target to pickup something to eat since I knew I was going to need something. I really do have a love for Clif Bars. Saturday I tired the Cool Mint Chocolate flavor before my run.I liked it but I still think the white macadamia is my favorite. It was raining after I was finished at weight watchers.Then I remember this saying... So I braved the run. I headed over to section of the bike trail that has a fair amount of tree cover. Overall I am really glad I went out and ran. It was probably the quickest 5 miles I had run in a long time. I felt good really good. Saturday ended early so that I would be ready for 20 miles Sunday.

Sunday I headed over to wicker park for the Opportunity Enterprises long run. This was my first 20 mile training run for the Chicago Marathon. I was really fortunate to run the 20 miles with another runner Sue. We finished exactly how we wanted. Although running in my new shoes wasn't optimal and I cramped up afterward I am really glad the run was able to be completed.


Then I went out to the Toby Keith Concert to celebrate my run and my really good friend Sherry's birthday. We had a really good time as always.

I spent most of today relaxing and just enjoying the day off. I can't believe the Chicago Marathon is so quickly approaching.

What did you do with your long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment