Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 8 felt great!

First Happy Mothers Day to all the mom's. I am not sure how many people feel this way but I think my mom is #1. She has always been there and supported me through thick in thin. Days like today I miss living in Cincinnati and miss my mom very much. Yes this is my mom in the picture and no she doesn't mind if you think we look like sisters and want to refer to her as my sister instead of my mom!

Well I made it through my first full week of the 100 day challenge. Feels great. Today I did a 6 mile run with my friend Bryan. I was tired from staying up late but once we got out there it went by really fast. The best part about running with someone is the running chatter. Bryan had just take a trip to South Carolina so I was wondering how his trip went. So it was a great run. The weather was perfect for a run this morning.


I know promised more inquires into food that I eat. So here is what I had for dinner tonight. These are tofu noddles and the recipe is a hungry girl recipe. In fact it is on the package so you don't even have to save the recipe from here you can just follow the instructions on the bag. I bought them at my local Meijer. We talked in many of my meetings this past week about Fettuccine Alfredo. Its really good lets face it. So this hungry girl recipe is awesome. Basically you just rinse the noodles really well and then cook them for 1 minute in the microwave. After taking them out you want to dry them the best you can. Then just as the bag says you add 1 tsp fat free sour cream and 2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese. Then sprinkle with salt, pepper and grated Parmesan cheese. I also added broccoli and chicken breast to mine. Its yummy and very low in points plus values. The recipe without the chicken and broccoli in fact is only 2 points plus.

How did your weekend go? How many days of the 100 day challenge have you completed?

2 comments:

  1. 5 out of 8 days for me. It felt great yesterday, the day after the mini marathon, to get up early in the morning and do 10 minutes walking on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the eliptical, and then 10 minutes on the bike. Nothing strenous, just enough to remind my legs that they DO like to move :)

    The fettuccine alfredo looks yummy...I'm going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those noodles look good Dee.. I could even make that!

    ReplyDelete