Thursday, May 31, 2012

Be Brave

My sister Jenna bought me this shirt awhile ago
I love this shirt one because I love the saying behind it of no excuses. Many runners say we don't need to know the weather forecast we just go run. I suppose to some extent this is true. I think the key to me is being brave and not making an excuses.... which leads me to today

100 Day challenge May 31st Day 32
5.10 Miles
55 Minutes

My group started at the Ogden Dunes train station and did two separate loops which lead to just over 5 miles. It was raining, windy and even worse we went on the beach. The rain was painful coming off the lake. The best part... I was laughing/crying the entire time. If you are unfamiliar with the Ogden Dunes subdivision around here it is a great place to find some major hills. In fact an older runner told me the reason one of the roads is called ski hill is that it actually used to be a ski hill a long time ago. Afterward I was exhausted, cold and ready to get home. However the run was completed and no excuses were made.

What are you going to brave this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment