Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Race Prep Again

So if you are an avid reader you know I run a lot of races.

This weekend I am running this one:
Sunburst Half Marathon South Bend, IN

I am excited for a couple of reasons.
1. I have never run this race before and I love trying new races.
2. I love college football and even though I am not a Notre Dame fan this is a classic stadium and the finish line is inside the stadium.
3. Some of my favorite running friends are running in the event as well. In fact my friend Tim and I plan to try to finish together. 

I am also excited because it appears as though the weather is going to cooperate which I was not planning on.

The race prep has begun...
Drinking lots of water to begin to feel hydrated... 

And of course some additional carbs during the day... Although I really need to start finding some new ideas with marathon training season coming.


I am also really trying to get more sleep this week and get everything ready in advance. My friend Nora and I are setting out to South Bend Friday night.

Also some small easy runs: (100 day Challenge fully completed today)
Today: 3.30 Miles on the bike trail in Griffith 31:00 Minutes
There was a lot of sun, some annoying wind and very rude drivers with made for some traffic issues. I also felt pretty sluggish. I plan a slightly longer run tomorrow and shorter run Thursdays in prep for Saturday mornings race.

What are your favorite carbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment