Sunday, May 13, 2012

I love my Mom!

Today we celebrate all the Mom's. "Mother's hold their children's hands for a short awhile, but their hearts forever." Unknown Author

My mom (in case you have never read about her on my blog) is simply amazing. Although I have been teased since I was a young girl how much I look like her as an adult I am glad. My mom is one of the most beautiful women I know inside and out. She is funny, smart, crazy and caring. She has supported me every step in my life. As I grow older I really realize how amazing she is. One of the biggest lessons I learned from my mom is to never tell yourself you can't do something. She always tells me if you want it go after it....

When I started my weight loss journey she was always there for me no matter what. She was truly one of my biggest cheerleaders. She was always waiting every week to hear how I did at my weigh in. She was there when I crossed the finish line of my first half marathon and even my very first full marathon. She always tells me how proud she is of me and she has no idea how much that really means... "A mom's hug last long after she lets go." Author Unknown

Today I don't get to spend the day pampering my mom or spending time with her since she is in Ohio however I like to believe I am always there in spirit. So in honor of my mom... drink some ice tea, dance, smile, laugh until it hurts, shop, drive with your top down on your car, go for a walk, eat some pecan pie, drink some hot chocolate, watch a good movie, make yourself look nice or do something beyond amazing...

Tell me what makes your mom special?

No comments:

Post a Comment