Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Recap

I am so glad I got to spend so much time with my family this weekend and feel very blessed.

Saturday started with my final long run as I prepare for my first half marathon this coming Sunday.
11 Miles
1 hour 41 minutes
April Photo Challenge Day 7: Shadow... just after my run

My awesome step dad came along on his bike so that someone was watching over me... It was much colder than I really expected but it was a really good final long run... I got it done. Final long run accomplished.
















The April Photo Challenge from Day 8: Inside your wallet... lets face it this little girl is much more worth looking at... We had a great time together... Aunt Dee and Mahaylee



After my run  we set out to this Easter Egg hunt. She was quite sure of what to do when first arrived. Then when she realized she could take the eggs and they had candy them this made her day!


Then came Easter Sunday... After church we headed in typical tradition over to my Nanny and Pa's house for a great afternoon with family.

My sister was in charge of dessert. I found this recipe and they were worth the 4 point plus values. I even iced them... they were YUMMY!

My Nanny also made this recipe and it was a really good side dish... her version did not put capers in our recipe and we also used a sweet onion instead of the scallions since they can be pricey. This was a really great side.

April Photo Challenge Day 9: Younger you... vacation circa 1997
It is interesting how much holidays have begun to evolve in my family now that we are no longer kids anymore. My Pa even said to me this weekend that it feels like only yesterday I was the 1 year old toddler running around in his yard.  I am so glad that it still includes being with my amazing family. I indulged a little more than I wish I would have. The weather and pollen has gotten the best of me and now I am sick.

How was your Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment