Saturday, April 14, 2012

Prepare

As a runner you have to be prepared in so many ways. For the most part we have to train weekly by running several times per week. Fuel properly which normally begins the entire week before a long race. Sunday marks my first half marathon (13.1 miles) of 2012. I ran the Crossroads of Indiana Half Marathon last year as well. I am really looking forward to seeing if I can get an improved time.
April Photo Challenge Day 13: Something you found



Fueling properly is really one of the most important parts of running longer races. I enjoyed some pizza hut pizza last night for my carb up dinner since I normally like to do it a couple days before the big event not the night before...  I discovered we must have been really hungry because the boxes were empty at the end of the night. Some pizza before the concert we attended and some after of course.




Today was also extra important for getting ready. I started out with a breakfast from Cracker Barrel including egg beaters, turkey sausage, toast and of course coffee. Then this afternoon I had a peanut butter sandwich with banana and a granola bar.

Something else I have really become fond after making a few mistakes in the past. Making sure I have everything ready. After picking up my race packet I came home and began to put all the pieces together.
April Photo Challenge Day 14: Today's Mood.... Nervous/Prepare


Race outfit including my shirt, shorts, shoes, hat, running belt, and I pod. I still need to grab my water bottle and of course my mangoes for fuel as I run. I also have my awesome green jacket set to the side since I do not know if the rain is going to come during race time or not.

Now I am off to my pasta dinner. I will not eat as much for dinner tonight as last night. Since last night seems to be when I do most of my important carbing up.

Tomorrow Race day and breakfast will be my normal peanut butter sandwiches with peanut butter and coffee.






What kind of meal would you have to carb up or is pizza really just that awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment