Sunday, April 22, 2012

Good Deals and Good Times

Yesterday I woke up and set out for a 4 mile run. I knew I didn't have a ton of time to get in a longer run so I settled for 4 miles which ended up being perfect. Ran from home to the Nipsco trail and back. I got home hurried and showered so I could get over to the local weight watchers center since I still had not made it over there for monthly weigh in. It was way better than I expected(don't you love it when that happens)




April Photo Challenge Day 22: Last thing you bought
 I set out to the produce market. I had never been to this produce market but I found out it was open year round and that often times have good deals. I got everything pictured for only about $8.00 I needed to grab a few essentials so I could eat something before we headed up to Wrigley Field for the game. I also got some bananas that missed the picture. The carrots were only $1.00 each, the cucumbers were on sale 3/$1.49 and the broccoli which is hard to see was all you could fit in a bag for $1.00... I couldn't believe it what a deal and the spinach was 2/$3.00.


Then we set out to see our Reds LOSE... against the Cubbies...


We did have a great time at the game...

And even got to go to one of our favorite places in Wrigleyville... they brew this beer back home and we love it. Its a slight taste of home for us....

I even took this picture for one of my weight watcher members who knows who he is. We have a bet going on the Cubs Vs. Reds series this year...


Overall a great day! I love baseball. My points plus values took some serious hits yesterday... Good thing I ran another 6.10 miles this morning.


What did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Disappointed my Cubbies lost the series but if they were only going to win one Saturday was a good day to win ;o) As for my weekend 4 parties attended on Saturday (3 kids parties and one college graduation) and a baptism with party on Sunday. Ate way too much. Need to buckle down before my Tuesday weigh-in. :o( (Sad face for multiple reasons)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the market have organic produce? Also, where is it located? This weekend I helped my son and fiance move, whew!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff I knew you would love the picture.

    Debbie the market does have an organic section. It is on Taft Street close to to the Rt 30 intersection.

    ReplyDelete