Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Today we celebrate our Dad's.


 For me there are so many men who have influenced my life.

My Dad
I might not be a daddy's girl. We don't even speak everyday but your dad is always your dad. My dad supports me, loves me and no matter what happens in life I am always his little girl. He taught me about the Reds and about the Big Red Machine. My dad also taught me it is never too late in life. He didn't graduate from college until he was in his 40's. If you really want something you can get it you just have to believe in yourself.


My Grandfather
He taught me many things throughout my life. He taught me to drive a stick shift car and how to care for others. He doesn't have a selfish bone in his body. He loves the flea market and blue grass music. He is quiet but wise. I still can remember to this day how proud he was of me after I lost the weight. One thing I have learned from my grandfather is that no matter what keep going. Life can get complicated but if you have your family around that's all you really need.










My Step Dad Tony
Tony and my mom got married when I was 21 years old. When Tony came into my life he accepted me from Day One. He has helped me move, graduated from college, buy a new car, encouraged and believed in me through many of the important parts of my adult life. He is always made sure I knew how proud he was of me. They say in life you never know when someone will enter your life and what kind of an impact they will make. There will never be enough words me to explain the impact Tony has made on my life. I am so very blessed to have him as a step father.


What makes your Dad special?

100 Day Challenge Update:
Day 47: June 15th
REST... I just plain needed it.
Day 48: June 16th
6 Mile Walk/Jog Dunes State Park
Day 49: June 17th
9 Mile Run

1 comment:

  1. My Dad is special because he was always there for me and my sisters. He coached us in sports, he was on the school board of our elementary school, and he did whatever he could to guide us down to correct path.

    When he was unemployed in the early 1980's we never realized that we didn't have any money or that he and my mom were barely making ends meet. When we nearly lost him in 1995 to an accident at work he fought to stay alive for us.

    And now he is the best grandfather in the world. Yes he spoils mine and my sisters' kids but he is still the teacher and guide that he was with us.

    We tease him that he is the real Mr. Brady from the Brady Bunch but I could not have had a better role model on what good fathering is than my dad.

    ReplyDelete