Monday, June 18, 2012

Life

Tonight someone asked me for some advice to actually getting to their goal. I think this applies to many ideals. If you are working to toward a fitness or weight goal. One of the most famous running quotes by John  Bingham says "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." No matter what your goal is take it in steps. Set small goals for yourself and find small ways to celebrate them as you accomplish them.


Taking weight for example... celebrate every 5 or 10 pounds lost. However like most things in life... do not celebrate with food. Celebrate with something that is going to push you to the next goal.   Often when I am out running I break my run down into parts. Half way to the half way, then we are half way, then we are three quarters, one more mile... half a mile.. Just like I can breakdown a run you can breakdown your goals into parts... You never have to look at the final finish line... just the steps it takes to get there.

What are you willing to do in your life to get to your next goal?


100 Day Challenge Update:
Day 50: June 18th
30 minute walk
Can you believe we are halfway? What are you going to challenge yourself with these last 50 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment