Sunday, June 10, 2012

I love weekends!

Weekends are great! This one was no exception.
Saturday Morning:
Woke Up 3:50am headed into Chicago for the Allstate Chicago 13.1
Met up with the Chicago Running Bloggers before the race
Back Amanda, Kayla, Zach, Sara, Maggie. Me
Middle: Amanda, Cary
Front: Xaarlin, Kim, Britt



I felt fairly good at the start line. I wish I had been able to go to the bathroom again but the lines were way too long. I also met some really nice people in my starting corral. Even a couple who was in Chicago for their honeymoon and decided to run!

The heat really started to get to me right away. By about mile 4 I was so hot and unable to figure out a hydration routine. I even had to go to the bathroom which I have never had to do at a half. At mile 7 they gave away towels which helped but after another mile or so I was miserable again. They were giving away ice chips and I never should have passed on them... Maggie had the right idea what to do with them... I am really glad thanks to Maggie that I won a free entry. Even as bad as I felt I still feel pretty good about how I did at the race. I had to walk through almost every water stop from 9 until the finish. I knew at mile 10 I wouldn't not make it in under 2 hours. However I always say it is just about finishing for the most part. I knew I just wanted to finish. Not every run is going to be perfect. I am pretty happy with the results.


Once I was done running I headed to the shuttle back the Museum parking garage and ended up talking to a really nice runner named Megan. I love how nice the running "family" can be. After showering and cleaning myself up I set out for some fun. My friend Sherry and I went up to Wrigley Field and saw the Brad Paisley/Miranda Lambert Concert. We had a blast. Sherry is a great friend and we always have so much fun together. 

Then today came. I was tired and slept later than I have in a really really long time. When I was planning my Sunday grocery trip today I remember I had been craving an Arby's Chicken Salad Sandwich. 
How amazing does this look? The problem? Check out these stats:
Calories 840
Fat: 44
Carbs: 81
Fiber: 6
Protein: 34
Points Plus Value: 23!!
Since I only get 29 points plus values per day... I didn't think I could sacrifice this many points so I made my own:

Ingredients:
Since grapes aren't really looking that good right now I put a couple cherries in it.
1 can 3oz canned chicken
3-4 Cherries Cut
1/4 apple
1-1.5oz Greek Yogurt Plain
3 halves Pecans smashed up
1 Serving (although you really could make it 2)

This is what it looked like all mixed together


This is what it looked like on the bread as I was about to eat it.


Review:
Was this as amazing as the original from Arby's.. well maybe not. Was it worth 4 points plus and another 2 for the bread... Oh yes!!! So making this myself I saved myself 17 points plus values. A  great summer treat for lunch.

What did you enjoy this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. seems like for the most part all of us started really feeling it about miles 9-10. I agree that finishing itself is huge and I learn something new at each race. Great to meet you and now I know your blog!

    I love the homemade sandwich, I'll be borrowing that recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you like the sandwich and it was great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the fact that at the end of the weekend I don't have to go to in to school for work until August! Woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to meet you this weekend! Glad you could make it up for the race, even if it meant waking up so ridiculously early :) You did an awesome job in the heat, you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were able to make it to the meet-up! It was good to see you again.

    What is it with chicken salad? I bought some from Trader Joe's today and holy cow is it high in calories and fat. Do they have to go so heavy on the mayo? I prefer it not so creamy. I should really make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great meeting all of you. I think after some dissection of the Arby's version it is the bread, large amount of nuts and mayo.

    ReplyDelete