Wednesday, June 6, 2012

National Running Day


Today is National Running Day... you know what I truly believe is awesome about running we can all feel accomplished on all different levels. If you ran for 5 minutes straight and you feel good then that is an accomplishment. If you can't run yet so you walked today that's an accomplishment. If like my friend Sara you get out for 1.24 miles with your 4 year old in tow... major accomplishment. There are no rules for being a runner. Being a runner means you go out and give it your best no matter what.


Today I set out for my typical Wednesday night group run in Schererville. I love group runs because I love that there is always someone there who will help motivate you for the run and it almost feels like someone has your back during the run. Today we set out to run between 4 and 5 and we did just that. It felt great and an awesome way to celebrate one of my favorite days of the year. 
100 Day Challenge Day 36 June 6th: 42 minutes running


Did you celebrate national running day?


4 comments:

  1. I'm a history gut so I remember this as D-Day and thought a lot about my Poppa who was a paratrooper in the 101st Airborne that day.

    Sort of appropriate in a weird and ironic way that running day is the day the the Greatest Generation ran towards the beaches of Normandy into the teeth of the Axis powers to save the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's late. I typed "gut" instead of "guy" in the first line. Maybe their is irony in that too since I need to get rid of my gut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 4 year old and I had a blast running! She made it her own obstacle course jumping over sticks and running in circles. She announced to EVERYONE (including the dogs) on the trail that it was "Official Running Day"! She stopped to pick and eat a few wild strawberries growing along the trail. How many times have I run along there and not noticed all the strawberries??? It really doesn't matter how fast or slow you go, there is something to be discovered when you are out for a run :)

    ReplyDelete