Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Something New

The best part about running a tough race is going out to celebrate. After the drive back from South Bend I took some time to relax, have lunch and take a good nap....Who doesn't love good nap.

Saturday evening we headed out to Michigan City for dinner and a night on the boat.

We woke up bright and early Sunday morning and I headed out for my first fishing experience on Lake Michigan.

I learned a lot about fishing... there is a ton involved that I would never have known. It was a great experience and I even caught a fish! I really cannot thanks my boyfriend Jason, his boss Mike and their friend Ken for having me on their day of fishing. I am firm believer that you should not take any day for granted and that you should really try as many new things as possible. I even got to keep some of the fish and will be able to enjoy some really good meals out of it... I have never made fresh fish... I am hoping some of you have some really good ideas for me.



100 Day Challenge Catch up:
Sunday Day 34... Walked around the Marina in Michigan City and played softball... Check!
Monday Day 35... 31 minute walk around Crown Pint on a beautiful day.
Tuesday Day 36... 3.64 mile run





 I also found this new food find. The best part... only 3 points plus values each... I enjoyed them with some yummy asparagus.










Have you tried anything new lately?






1 comment:

  1. That sausage looks yummy! I've made new recipes, but not new foods. I feel like I'm missing out!

    Although, it isn't new, but I discovered it in April. Costco has these chicken patties, probably over by the cheese area, that have spinach and fontina in them. I think they're 4 points +, and they're REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete