Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cheetah

So they say the fastest "animal" in the world is a cheetah (March photo challenge Day 24: Animal).
According to what I read here, the fastest animal became a cheetah the the Cincinnati Zoo named Sara who covered 100 meters in 6.13 seconds. If my math is correct (I am really bad at math I can't lie) then this cheetah could run 8 miles in slightly less than 22 minutes.

Not a cheetah... Me after running today

Today I ran 8.13 miles as part of the Kal-Haven Trail Run Relay Race in Michigan. It goes from Kalamazoo to South Haven Michigan. We had 18 people total and were separated into 3 teams of 6. I am not a cheetah and it too me much longer than the cheetah would have to run this leg of the race. I did run really well by my standards today and really felt like Sara the cheetah. Enjoy these pictures I took today that hopefully show how great it was to be running with these awesome people today.


All 18 of us.... we ran 3 groups of 6








My 6 person team

Cheers to a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment