Saturday, March 10, 2012

I love my grill

March Photo Challenge: Loud

Great Day.
Great weather.

My stomach wanted grilled food and it was for sure loud today. I was running 10 miles with a good friend today and we were discussing food that would be good after the run. I wonder to myself why food always comes up when your running. My friends and I often discuss food while out for runs. A good friend of mine said she often thinks of Big Macs when running but she doesn't even really like the. Funny how your mind thinks so differently when your working our body hard.

The best part of warmer weather? Using your grill. Today after my run all I could think about was cooking something on my grill. I found some chicken breast tenderloins and grilled 3 pieces which ended up 4.8 oz. (of course Jason had steak. I respect steak lovers. I am just not one of them) We accompanied our meat with a  potatoes...regular baked for him and sweet potato for me. I also enjoyed some asparagus it was still on sale so I was excited to have some more. I truly believe that one of the keys to saving money when eating healthy is buying in season. This meal probably only cost me about $3.00 and only 10 points plus values.

What is your favorite meal to cook on the grill?

3 comments:

  1. We make a Mediterranean grilled chicken a lot, with chicken thighs (I don't like chicken breasts much), or STEAK haha. We have also made jalapeno stuffed burgers that are yummy. I don't know the points yet, will have to figure those out. Nothing better than cooking on the grill though.

    Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies-my Gramma Wight used to grow it when she lived in Michigan and it was always soooooo good.

    Not a huge sweet potato fan, but I do like it baked, and seeing this is making me crave it haha. What is the sauce on the side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet/hot mustard. I am addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete