Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pizza for him and her

Who doesn't love pizza?

The march photo challenge today was kitchen sink. Here is a photo of one of the recipes near my kitchen sink I was working on.


Dinner For Him
 I found this recipe from the same blog as the green monster... Iowa Girl Eats. I really liked that she adapted the idea from seeing bagel bites at Costco. Of course that made my think of my bagel bite loving boyfriend. So I made these for him:
Mushroom Cap Pizza Bites I also used the black olives because my boyfriend does like black olives. I used a pepperoni flavored pizza sauce I already had.

Mine didn't turn out as pretty as Iowa girl but boyfriend liked them and that is always a success.

Dinner For Her:
My dinner is brought to you by Recipe Girl 
Cauliflower crusted Pizza:
Cauliflower Crust

I used about half a head of cauliflower (enjoyed some as a snack while cooking)
The spices I used were pizza flavoring, oregano and Italian seasoning blend. Instead of 1 large egg I used egg beaters since that is all I had on hand.
 As well as about 1/3 cup Mexican Style Cheese (weight watchers) This was all I had on hand.
I didn't put the Canadian bacon on mine but I love pineapple. My toppings were pineapple and mushrooms. Then I topped it with the Mexican blend cheese. I used the same sauce that I used for the mushroom recipe.

The entire pizza was 8 Points Plus values. Not pretty but yummy


Do you  have any pizza substitutes that you really like? What do you think of these recipes?




2 comments:

  1. I like making pizzas on English muffins. Or, using a Boca burger and topping it with cheese and sauce-low carb pizza for this diabetic lol.

    I'm dying to try a cauliflower crust though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those English muffin pizzas also.

    ReplyDelete