Thursday, March 29, 2012

Feet.... Gross

March Photo Challenge Day 29: Feet

Gross dry feet with the never going away wart
To me there is nothing more gross than feet. In fact if you even put your feet near me I get grossed out. I have full respect for those who give pedicures for living. There are probably a million jobs I am not qualified for but this one just isn't worth being paid to do if you ask me. I have received many pedicures in my day. Since becoming a runner I have been hesitant to get them. I don't want anyone messing up my feet at this point.

Seriously I need to paint these toenails
The only thing I can say about my feet... they are typical runners feet. Dry and in desperate need of some of my lotion that I really love from Avon. They are not quite as bad as many runners feet. I have never lost toenail and don't have totally disgusting feet. I do have a small "wart" on my right foot that really doesn't want to go away. Although my toenails are no black they are fairly fragile from all the abuse and seriously need repainted before I drag my sandals back out. The key most of us is proper care... Here for a great article about foot care from Runners World.


Today's run was 5 miles. It was perfect running weather but it must have been too "cool" for bikers and walkers. The trail was fairly quite this afternoon. Even thought I was listening to my new audio book: Hunger Games which I just can't get enough of and now I am excited to go see the movie... I knew this was the topic since I looked it up earlier today and all i could think about was admit was how utterly badly I need new shoes. Good shoes and socks are one of the keys to not getting hurt... I love the shoes I bought for shorter distances but they are not going to cut it for my longer distance runs that are coming this summer as I prepare for my marathon.

Is there anything worse that feet?

2 comments:

  1. I agree, feet are disgusting and should be covered at all times unless they are in water or under covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like feet, if they're pretty looking. Not in a weird sexual way, but in the way that is like "Oh what a pretty foot tattoo" and then I realize I'm gazing at my own feet.

    And I got a pedicure yesterday, which was delightful. haha.

    ReplyDelete