Friday, March 16, 2012

Run, Fun and Sun

Photo challenge topics
Day 14: Clouds
Day 15: Car
Day 16: Sunglasses

The weather in Northwest Indiana this week has been nothing short of amazing. I think I  heard on the radio driving into work today even record setting. What have you been doing to enjoy it? Of course I have been getting my runs in. Wednesday I enjoyed a great run from the Crown Point squared organized by the local YMCA... they even had a deal on pizza afterwards. It was a great group. Look how beautiful the sky was that night....


Are you taking time to enjoy this weather?

Yesterday I set to Hobart because I thought there would be more shade on the bike trail. I forgot my trusty hat that I normally wear on runs. When I drive to the places that I run from I always get really excited when I can see my car in the distance. Yesterday's run really was tiring and rough on me. The sun was just absolutely blasting me. My watch also decided to have some issues so I had no clue how fast or slow I was going. I did y very best to just listen to my legs/body for the pace. Then I got back to my trusty car which is always prepared after a run. Water and a place to sit. Open trunks are a great spot to sit when you have leather seats on a hot day. So I took a rest for few minutes. I was a mess...

Did you get in any outdoor activities this week?


Today was a great day. At halftime of course I enjoyed a nice lunch on my front porch. Do you enjoy eating outside? I love it on days like today. I find that enjoy my food more and take the time to enjoy it. I think this allows us to be satisfied longer.

Can you tell how happy I was at half time.... I can't say I stayed this happy but in the end my team WON.... so we move on in the basketball tournament. (I am such a sports nerd).


However my lunch was so good I forgot to take a picture of it before I ate it. So this is what I combined for my yummy lunch.



1/4 cup of the black beans
1/4 cup of the corn
2 serving of the Boca Crumbles
About 2 servings from a bag of frozen broccoli
Topped with salsa
I think this is my new favorite lunch....



Did you try any new lunches recently?

2 comments:

  1. That lunch sounds yummy. I made a grilled ham and cheese with a slice of mozzarella and some tomato and oregano that was good. And like a boca burger with pasta sauce and mozzarella on it. A LOT. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the boca burgers with pasta sauce on them also. So good.

    ReplyDelete