Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Take out the trash

March Photo Challenge Day 28: Trash

Today I went for a 6 mile run. Alone. Collecting my thoughts. Out on the runs I often spot a lot of garbage and it makes me sad to think we discard so much garbage without thinking. I knew before going on my run that today's blog topic was trash. I wish I had been able to take a picture but I don't carry a camera or my phone while out running so I couldn't get a picture of all the garbage that I saw today. So here is what I started to think about....


"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee



Sometimes we just have to rid ourselves of what is tempting us from the finding the success we want. It is not always easy. I tend to catch myself from time to time over doing things that make my struggle for maintenance difficult. It was candy corn in the fall. That lead to eating wayyyy to many grapes shortly after. I also fell back into my serious diet pop fixes. However fall ended and at one point I threw away about a half a bag of candy corn. I haven't bought grapes in about a month because I was tempted by them every time I opened the fridge. I gave up the diet pop for lent. I have not had one in weeks. The bonus is that I am up to about 80-100 ounces of water per day.


What needs to be discarded from your life so you can find success?

No comments:

Post a Comment