Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Delicious

March Photo Challenge Day 21: Delicious

My friend Sara sent me the link to this recipe and I had always thought of trying and when she told me how good it was I knew I had to. The recipe is thanks for one of my favorite recipe blogs Iowa Girl Eats. She refers to it as her diet secret weapon. I didn't have all of the ingredients but I knew it would be a great substitute for dinner when I get home so late on Tuesdays.




The Green Monster


1 slice frozen banana (I didn't have frozen one so I sliced up a banana and added a few ice cubes)
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter (I totally forgot to put this in)
1/2 Cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt (I used Fat Free plain and 1 tsp of Vanilla)
1 Cup of  Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Milk (I used Fat Free Milk because that's all I had)
Fill Blender with 4 cups fresh spinach (more or less)
Start blender and let it all blend together well.


It came to 4 points plus values since I forgot the peanut butter otherwise it would be about 6 points plus values. The best part is if you are not really a breakfast eater this is a great substitute. If you are ever in a hurry on the go this would also be a great quick meal. 


Would you try the green monster? How would you modify it? Do you have any similar recipes I should try?



No comments:

Post a Comment