Sunday, March 11, 2012

Running Friends

March Photo Challenge Day 11: Someone you talked to today
Myself and Nora at the Ragnar Relay

This is Nora.

I didn't take this picture today but I did see Nora today. We were both at a group practice run of a half marathon the two of us are running April 15th. Today was the perfect day to get outside and enjoy the weather... There was a fairly large group out there checking out part of the route will be running.

Anyway back to my friend Nora... we finished our first Marathon together back in November. She is a great friend, running partner and inspiration. Nora used to be a professional boxer so she is kind of scary. If I ever need to bring a friend to a fight I think I will bring her.

Training for a marathon with another person means spending a lot of time together. I often say you to surround yourself with people who support you through your weight loss and having that person there to talk to when you are at a tough spot is pivotal to success. Nora was this person for me many times when we trained for our marathon. We have often talked about who we are at totally different stages in life. Nora is an amazing mother and wife.... I am just a 29 year old who is trying to live life to the fullest....
Running brought our lives together.  I am so glad that running brought me to a great friend like Nora.



This year Nora and I will tackle Chicago's Marathon together and I can't wait.







so tell me who is on your support team?

No comments:

Post a Comment