Saturday, March 3, 2012

Neighborhood

March Photo Challenge Day 3: Your Neighborhood.

Here is a picture down my street from my front porch.

The one thing I really like about my neighborhood is that it is great for a quick run around if I need to. There are lots of my neighbors that get out and walk or jog around. I also really love how close we are to a trail through Merrillville that allows me to get in longer runs. Being able to walk back in my front door after a run is great. One of things I love about Northwest Indiana is our running community. For more information about local runs check out either of these links:
Calumet Striders
NWI Region Runners


What is your neighborhood like?


Today I went out to the Foot Pursuit 5K. It was a muddy good time. The trail was so muddy from all of the rain we had this week but everyone had a great time. The police departments from Porter County really put on a great run out at Sunset Hill. Was it my best race ever? Not by far. I did have a good time and I really like being able to challenge myself with something different.





 Is it a good one for getting out and being able to get in some exercise? What are you challenging yourself with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment